Saturday, February 11, 2012

The truth doesn't hurt

This is quite a disjointed post so bear with me :)
You may remember a post a few back when I said that I had a short fuse. I think my fuse has lengthened after about a month of trying :D

Oh, I've never understood why people go 'say happy birthday to your grandma for me' if you've never actually met them. I think I've said that sometimes before but now that I think about it, what was the point? It's another birthday wish from someone that you'll never really meet and I sort of doubt they'd care lol.
Also, I hate liars. I'm sure most people do. Hypothetically, say that you invited a few friends out to the movies and one person says 'nah sorry I cant make it, I don't want to watch that movie'. But in fact, they're going with another group of friends. Anyway you and your friends go and out of nowhere, you see that person who dogged your group to go with someone else, in the same cinema. Then there's the whole '..dude you said u didn't like it' etc followed by days of awkwardness.
In all honesty, I think people would rather be told 'im going with another group of friends that asked first- I'd go with you if you picked a different movie and at another time'. No one likes being lied to their face. And in cases like these, the truth doesn't hurt. Also, if you just DON'T want to go then say so. Being half-hearted with the 'maybes' and 'ill sees' doesnt get you anywhere. I don't think being open is bad and people like me won't get offended if you're straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment