Tuesday, September 14, 2010

thankyou inner me

I get very frustrated when people use complicated words to explain things that may be said in a simple everyday word. i know its my own fault for not knowing enough words but sometimes there are things people say and i think you couldve just said (much simpler word). maybe im not educated enough. maybe i should read more- it would get me a lot further in terms of knowing what happens in harry potter movies x)
hmm which gets me thinking about how such small decisions can impact immensely in future. i mean sometimes they werent even decisions, they were 'accidents'.
for example, my selective schools preference was Hornsby, NSG, Fort Street. But then i didnt quite like Fort Street ( dont ask why) and decided to put JR for the fun of it. And i got in. At first my mother said not to go and 80% of me said not to as well, but then that 20% of me told myself i'd be missing a huge opportunity. If you're wondering why i hesitated to accept JR it was because:

1) I wasn't very smart in yr 6 - i didnt quite make OC either =D. You know the whole fear of being 'in the bottom thing' when you're younger.
2) I had moved to MLC in yr 5 and had friends there. Also there was the 'its more well rounded' thing
3) Id be moving from private to public which felt really weird.

But a spark in me said:
LJ you need to accept change- JR is so much closer to home and do you want to be smarter or not? Honestly looking back- i think a smart kid is always gonna be a smart kid no matter where you put them cos its up to the individual but ruse has pressured me to study more + stop being lazy like i was back then. So in retrospect i am really glad for that moment i decided to put ruse and sometimes you just gotta be happy for those less serious moments cos they can really change your life

and on another note: ive always wanted one of those rainbow hats with a propeller on top =D
and today i discovered 2 beautiful things: inspector gadget ( i loved him) and douglas booth ( thanks annie!)
i love his hat!
inspector gadget
oh you are soooo chisled =0
okay the thunder is literally shaking my house and im hiding under the table so ima log off now.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. thunder is rocking my house now...
    btw anything you want for your bday that wont bankrupt me??

    ReplyDelete