Friday, August 5, 2011

The Bigger Picture

IM NOT DEAD! I'm still here :D Okay you know last night I got a beautiful 9 hours sleep and i woke up several times, probably due to an overload of sleep but WHO CARES its 9 HOURS OKAY!! I had a dream that I was in a team of ruse people and we were all in Iraq fighting a bunch of stupid American soldiers-and when I say stupid, I mean I shot them in the face and I wasn't even a trained soldier. SO then we were crouching in a circle in a tuft of yellowed grass so that if anyone tried to attack us from any direction, we'd be covered but then a machine tank roller thingo comes up to us and sure, we shot a few of em down, but the Americans just kept pouring out one by one out of the tanker. Picture the Trojan horse being split open and all the soldiers pour out like a little city bred inside it. So then one guy comes up to me and points the gun at my face, says some vulgar joke which isn't even laughable and I take a gun an shoot him between the eyes. WOW I am violent. Sorry that dream had no good ending.

Well I was doing a quiz just then (which i posted) and a sudden memory came to me when I answered 'have you ever been in a mansion'. I remember I visited a rich family friend of mine and he had a chauffer. I was about 10 and he 'ordered' (how cool does that sound) the driver to take me in his car and just go for a drive :D So there I was in his BMW, masked behind heavily tinted windows looking outside as the driver and I sat in this luxurious car waving my hand like the queen saying 'thank you for being here today'. I hope y'all have watched The Princess Diaries ^^
 Don't you remember those hot summer days where you used to go for "drives" with one of your parents/siblings really late at night and look at the street lights which so fascinated you? Yeah but then this thing called petrol got expensive...

In eco today, Miss Burgess gets a couple of us to transport chocolate from the print room loading dock to another room outside the HSIE staffroom. We used the trolleys where you could stack several boxes and just push it along so efficiency is increased etc...but on the way back the trolleys were empty. So Yun pushed me all the way back to the loading dock which was VERY VERY FUN =D
We had an awesome day for Jeans for Genes day and thank goodness I found someone who sold those badges. I now have a complete set of badges from year 7-11 =) Prepare for a mindblowing blazer on monday!

Oh I was at epping station today and when i walked down to the platform there were a bunch of gangster looking dudes whom I didn't particularly want to be sitting in the same carriage as. So I think they saw me walking down the platform and they started calling out " OI B*TCH!!!!" and I didn't turn around, and so they kept calling out. Yeah stupid people trying to scare me.

Hey, so when you go in a clothes store and go to try on something you like, do you ever feel self conscious about stepping outside to look at the bigger mirror? Are you scared because of those judgemental randoms sitting by on the couch next to the big main mirror? I understand you perfectly. What if you turn around to check your butt out only to see that OHGOSH you can ACTUALLY see I ain't that slim in that area? Maybe even, at that same instant you step out of the individual cubicle, some taller slimmer girl starts strutting towards the mirror and you think 'SHE LOOKS GREAT' so I'll just draw the curtain and go back into my changeroom? Well I used to be like that one time. Then one day I actually broke that bubble and told myself I had to look at the great mirror-i mean im paying for that clothing item-i want to see how it looks on me because I'm not gonna let some model ruin that chance of buying something that may or may not flatter me. So everytime I want to buy something, I go out into the lighting and look at the great mirror. Always, there are:
1) Judgemental mothers of tweens.
2) The boyfriend whose approval is sought by the girlfriend.
3) Random girls waiting for their friend to finish changing

To everyone changing, think of yourself as satisfying both yourself-because you know if the item suits you, and those 3 classifications of people waiting in the main area. You satisfy the judgmental mothers of tweens because you've tried on something that looks fabulous on you. The more confident you are, (and I swear by this), the more likely that tween will put back whatever she's trying on and go rummage the racks for what you tried on. Now, you don't REALLY satisfy number two but there is that chance that by choosing something that makes you either more confident or beautiful, that some members of the opposite sex are gonna open their eyes just for you :) And to number three, you are their form of light entertainment. They want to see what other clothes look like on people (because maybe THEY themselves are too shy to try things on) and are most likely inspired by people like you who just want to look at the 'bigger picture'.

1 comment: