Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye to My 2011

So 2011 is drawing to a close and I'm taking this chance to say all that I'll ever need to say. By far, this year has been the most awesome in terms of balancing work and play, building relationships with people and learning from the mistakes I've made. But at this point, I have come to realise how lucky I am because after such a long time in high school I finally realise who I am and I am happy with it. Yes, it's actually taken me that long. Say, draw comparison to Where's Wally. In amongst the craziness of crowds with everyone sort of looking like each other- there's those who look like him but aren't the real him. There's those that try and act like him and aren't the real him. Beneath those white and red stripes, there will always be one unique Wally. An individual who does but does not stand out from the crowds ( if you nomsayin :) You have to try and find that inner you and at that stage, you'll be truly happy. You're happy because after such a long search through those hoards of people, you can identify yourself from any point of view. And finally, that wave of relief overcomes you. That is what 2011 has taught me.

Just recently, I met a girl in a doctor's waiting room- she is the same age as me and is going to schoolies on the Gold Coast. I'll admit, talking with her wasn't the most pleasant of experiences but it certainly has made me realise that I have built this wall of confidence I didn't quite have back in 2010. So the girl asked if I was going to the Gold Coast Schoolies and I said no, reasoning that I'd rather go somewhere local or get a part time job + fricking get my L's LOL. But they didn't stop there- they kept pressing and prying and I  just told her that I haven't heard of the pleasantest stories there, hoping that would silent her. And she kept going. Basically, as she was speaking I could tell she was trying to make me feel inferior cos I wont be going and I was getting agitated. She kept talking for ages and her patronising tone was fully annoying me. She knew what school I was from so I think she made assumptions about the type of people there. She patted me on the shoulder and pretty much told me to get a life and that I can't make assumptions. I kinda lost it at that point. I sarcastically remarked 'oh my goodness I finally realise that I totally want to be like you because you're so fricking cool :D' and i gave the biggest of sarcastic smiles possible. I don't think I would've had the courage to do that last year but damn those drama skills have stuck with me muhahhaaa.

Anyway enough of my sarcasm skillz... OH GUESS WHAT I watched Tower Heist this week :) Twas a pretty good movie even though we had to sit in the 3rd row. It's interestingly uncomfortable sitting there because my eyes couldn't quite take in the whole screen. So much action is happening and I can only focus my eyes at at particular part. There was a scene where the men had to fit a car into an elevator and one of the dudes is like:
'We can't fit this into the elevator....'
And the other guy said
'We don't have to....' AAND I INSTANTLY I THOUGHT OF NOTHING BUT
LENGTH CONTRACTION YO
Hmm sadly this wasn't what the guy was thinking of but I found myself to be quite witty.

I went to the city today! Spent a lot of money on cosmetics cos I don't really own any :S I bought 2 eyeshadows (light purple and a metallic pink), a pot of black gel eyeliner and an angled brush from MAC YAY and then I bought blush at sportsgirl haha. AS OF TODAY I AM A WOMAN!

And everyone from our school, just sayin' if you google your own name, most likely the "We Can Change the World" forum will pop up - remember from year 8? And our year 7 photos are there. :D

Wishing everyone the Happiest and Most Prosperous New Year!
Lots of love
xx ellejai

No comments:

Post a Comment