Saturday, October 2, 2010

rainrain go away

Before you read on: has anyone lost a Polya Maths Enrich question booklet? ( thin one). I seem to have 2 copies... Anyway wrote this poem after 60 mins had this segment on heart failure and also the weather's sort of depressing me.  I hope you understand the last line =)


My Heart is dying
When you’ve fallen in love with the man of your dreams
Its like nothing could go wrong, or so it seems
But when those words ‘It’s my heart- its failing’
Come from the mouth of a person barely inhaling,
You often wonder when 'tis really his time'
Will it set in your mind or continue to chime?

When the journey begins, you can never tell
Exactly how long this loved one will dwell
But the best you can do is enjoy the last
Few months, maybe days, and not their past.
Sit with them, comfort, pray and always love
And know when theyre gone, theyre forever up above

You start to think, why has God done this?
Why not another and given my dear Freddie a miss?
But you’ve got to be thankful for the mere fact
They haven’t suddenly passed, just like that.
Be happy you’ve spent those last few hours
How you planned; with those bunch of flowers
Sitting by their bedside, saying ‘forget- me- not’
As a reminder you love him quite the lot.

When I knew that Freddie didn’t have much longer
There was one thing to do, and that’s to be stronger
Right now, my own heart does have that big bruise
For I’m about to let go of the man I did choose.
So when my sweet Freddie says his heart’s about to die
I turn and say effortlessly ‘So is mine’. 

2 comments:

  1. YOU WROTE IT?
    i thought they were song lyrics!
    i even googled them ><

    ReplyDelete