Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Little Pet Peeves

Alrighty, I am a bit in my pms-y mood but I generally find the following things annoying:
1) When people invade my personal space. Okay when you're sitting next to someone, there exists a logical yet arbitrary 'line' defining one's personal space which you are not to cross. And if you do decide to cross it, there should be a legit reason like dropping your pen on the floor so you have to bend down and put your hand/head/body part in their personal space BUT only for a fleeting second. Don't you just get annoyed when someone thinks its okay to hog your personal space so that you have to become a contortionist and magically twist and turn your body into a mass of disfiguration just so that they can stretch their lengthy limbs?! For example ( i remembered this happened a lot in swot shop), the person sitting directly across form me on the table, would stretch their legs out and practically bolt them too the floor directly in the position of where my legs were supposed to be. It particularly annoys me when we were doing tests. So I tried sending them signals so they'd move their legs like: a) looking very frequently under the table b) shuffling my legs around on the floor so there'd be enough noise to make them wanna move. Now, the next option is a bit mean but at that time, it was a test so I couldn't ask politely so I was resorted to this last option: I kicked them. Right in the shin. Not hard tho, just enough to make them move. That always worked for me. I remember one time, the person sitting opposite me gave me the dirty's but I just went on in the test and made sure I did better than them :L. Yeah, don't invade my personal space please. It's just selfish and thoughtless.

Oh and you know how I hate the 'shaking leg' thing. The ultimate of annoying is when someone crosses their leg while sitting next to you and they start shaking that leg and the leg is in your personal space so not only do you have to look at it, you have to feel it too. ULTIMATE HATE.

2) When you're in lifts and people just line the sides of the lift and take up a lot of space so it makes it hard to get in. So you'd be waiting to get into a lift and everyone would just crowd around at the front of the lift and line the sides so there's this huge gaping hole right down the middle because people are too scared of being next to someone else. WHAT THE HECK just MOVE into the middle and make life a heck of a lot easier for everyone else.

Alrighty ho end of rage, I think im better now. Also I got my room back after it got stolen for a night. YAY :D

No comments:

Post a Comment