Monday, September 12, 2011

Moondate

So today is freya and my lunar birthdays-basically our birthdays in the Chinese Calendar :) BTW go check out the moon its really bright tonight! I think everyone's been in the situation when someone has forgotten that you're in their class or..a birthday..or something like that. Well last night my dad rang me up and told me it was my lunar birthday today. I was glad he reminded me because I wouldn't have known anyway but then he proceeds to ask 'How old are you..seventeen...eighteen?. At first I was shocked that my own father doesn't know how old I was turning but I asked around and apparently a lot of parents know the date their child was born, except they tend to forget the year. Honestly, I don't think its a sign of being unloved..after all I do have 3 brothers and a sister and I only remember 2 of their birthdays xD 

Oh! You know how we get textbooks in maths and english and we always open the front cover to see the list of previous owners? LOL I don't actually get what's so interesting about that, but I guess for most, it's always interesting to know what kind of side notes or how intelligent that previous owner was. For me, I see things quite differently. I look through the list of names and pick which person I'd most likely want to be because they've all graduated and finished with that damn textbook ahhaha. I'm a funny kid. 

1 comment:

  1. random comment out of nowhere

    OMG THE TEXTBOOK THING I DO THAT TOO

    ReplyDelete