Monday, January 17, 2011

Overall-s

There has always been an association with painters and overalls and I really have no idea for that choice in fashion. I mean do people think the overalls act as covers for your under clothes? Highly illogical unless they are old and practically unwanted. What about your hair, where the paint is most likely to drip upon? And how is it any different to casual scrap clothes? Someone please tell me why this is. Anyway, I decided to help my dad paint the living room- yes the four walls and the ceiling. A trip to Bunnings resulted in two tins of paint- one pure white for the ceiling and a very pale brown for the walls, a colour scheme yours truly decided upon. And my outfit? My pyjamas and a nike cap, which really is an oversized polo and shorts.

I must say painting the ceiling is the best option for neck strain and toned biceps, and of course overcoming your fear of heights if you have a tall ceiling. My tip for the day? Don't EVER wash your brush and dip it into the paint while it's still wet- for some chemical reaction occurs with the paint causing it to become all foamy and fizzy. And when you apply it to the ceiling? The bubbles from the foam pop resulting in, well, a paint shower. Thank goodness for that nike cap or it may seem that I have dandruff once again.

You know those huge extended rollers you can use for the ceiling? I was directing my dad to which area he should 'patch' up because I'm OCD about uneven tones and just as he turns around to paint another patch, he hits one of the globes of our chandelier. As I hear the shatter of broken glass I burst into a fit of laughter ;)

No injuries for the day- unless you'd count the broken glass as one. But I did rip my big toenail in half. I was walking backwards and my heel scraped hard against that extra long toenail and it bent backwards. Not naice.

On another note it is BERYL'S SWEET 16TH!! Happy birthday sweet xx. Oh and I bought a new wallet. I love it. As much as I like Fish n Chips ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment