Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Whole World's Mixing

Havent posted in some time but I had this conversation with Chris in 2U english on Friday and I swear that yours truly is correct. So we somehow got onto the topic of families after reading 'Facebook' the poem and here went the situation. A person has a cousin, who has a kid. And Chris' argument was that this kid was allowed to call the person aunty or  uncle. My argument was obviously the opposite. Wouldn't you call your parent's SISTER or BROTHER aunty or uncle? It wouldn't be the COUSIN right..right? I started drawing all these family trees just to prove my point..but also to point out that his argument was absolutely ridiculous ^^ Then the argument got onto the concept of 'uncle once removed'. And I've heard of that stuff but man, I got NO IDEA. C'MON BRO IT'S LIKE THE WHOLE WORLD IS RELATED!

I am disliking 3U at the moment since The Flea isn't revealing so much on the morals of the 17th Century..or am I just too shallow to see it?
Dear Woman in 'The Flea',
Why didn't you just SQUISH the damn flea? Why let it fly past you and allow Mr John Donne to continue to make his crazy sexual advancements towards you?If you had eradicated the flea, this poem would come to an inevitable end and you could say I AM DONNE WITH YOU! And then, I guess, this poem would not have wounded up in the romantic section of poetry and NONE OF US WOULD HAVE TO STUDY IT!!!! 
And now, in her memory, every stupid flea that passes me, I would like to squish. Thankfully there are none since my humble abode is protected by flea screen.
Sorry for the rage- I hope I didnt offend anyone. Now, I need to find synonyms for 'intercourse' and 'marriage'.

Watching James Bond now,  going to buy a pair of shoes tomorrow, hopefully get my hair cut and buy a few girlie accessories to fulfill my hunger for more earrings. OH OH AND I NEED MORE HAIRTIES. Perfect excuse to go visit my lovely Lovisa again ^^  Happy weekends everyone.

3 comments:

  1. But the woman did squish the flea! That's why her nail was purpled by the blood! And then the speaker was like "oh see, you killed it! but you're still fine and you've broken no morals and you're not dishonoured in any way so have sex with me" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's your cousin first removed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOOPS MY BAD thankyou crystal :D i will be paying more attention in english from now on.
    hmm cousin first removed..lol so then i should be right in saying you cant technically call them uncle ^^

    ReplyDelete