Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wishes really do come true

Now that we've got into the habit of writing essays, I really need to find another word for 'human' and 'mind'. I must say, those two are some of the hardest essay words to find similes for and I'm noticing that there are those words that just 'fit' into the sentence beautifully, while others that mean exactly the same thing don't. For example you could say 'the state of confusion' while something like 'feeling confused' wouldn't sound quite as good. Also, 'experience' is a bummer of a simile-word. But I don't know why, poems on the human condition are doing wonders to my liking of english. In fact, now, I  don't just like english,

I LOVE IT.

Friday was a hectic day. I got to school only to find out that KO tennis try-outs were happening at lunch!! Well I tried out and some of those year 8 girls are pretty good for their small size :D AAND poor maths one got no serenades but nancy's balloon went up to the ceiling and alder turned the fans on. And the string spiralled around the fan. And Alder used a metre ruler to get it down. And I took a photo :) That was the closest we got to a serenade. Speaking of the serenade, it was awesome! Haha thanks everyone, and I love the teddy bear ^^Anyways the achievement of the afternoon was hurdling up 8 flights of stairs with all my school stuff=D

Oh I went to this seminar today and you know how some girls put their hair in a really high floppy bun?  PLEASE DONT SIT IN THE FRONT SEATS! I CANT SEE ANYTHING!!

LOL my mum gave me this talk on what kind of boy she thinks I would choose. I disagree with her on some points but I found this kind of lol worthy

                           MUM: LJ, I think you'll grow up to be just like me.  I used to love
                          those bad boys-you know, bad tempered, loved women, playing poker
                          etc. And then, one day I married one of them.


Oh and of course she ended with her famous line.. 'But no money, no honey'

HAHA I LOVE YOU MUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment