Friday, June 3, 2011

If Life Were A Musical

One day left for musicalll!
Everyone is so excited and sad for this at the same time. I'm so insanely pumped but at the same time its our last musical ever. And for a lot of us, the last time we'll probably do something fun-related, performance-y ever in high school! Because after comes life, and ATAR estimates, and results and getting a job, supporting your kids and watching them as they do the stuff you used to love. Aw :(

MUSICAL HAS BEEN AMAZING. I am so insanely biased but it has been :D Some stuff ups that I really think only a few of the leads know about they are that unobvious which is good :) Notable stuff ups include Linly liking boys . .and boys. And Abbi's cousins in the front row who were the best audience ever. And ofc LaScreama ;D
note: huge musical rant coming up ahead. I type a lot of my blog posts now so I can look back and reread them and know exactly what I was thinking then, so a lot of this may be 'zzzz' -  just chucking this warning in :) Its a longg post okay? Read onwards if you can handle itttt ;)

I think this year has had the best chorus ever. Again, I'm biased - but I seriously love our chorus this year. The year 8's are AWESOME, Year 9's came together to learn Riviera all by themselves (:D) and the year 10's learnt Nicer in Nice and it made me (and the other choreo's) happy for a week, nojoke. Its really  . .satisfying, I guess. Nice :) They were so patient with us choreo's and we had HEAPS OF FUN which was our aim :) Plus, everyone seems so smiley and happy at performance time which is awesome :) I love how everyone is wishing everyone else luck, and how everybody looks so pretty. And the feeling of on the night, standing in the wings, seeing the lights from orchestra through the curtains, seeing the dimming of the stage lights as the Overture starts to play. And every ones whispering 'Shhh!' and humming along to the songs, dancing silently in the wings. Poking, giggling, the clunking of footsteps, whispered cues, and eyes that are literally alight with laughter sometimes I swear ! :)

Accidentally grinned my head off during the sad end-of Act-2 scene, and told Saj to smile as well. Thankfully, he didn't listen. Whoops:L TANGO IS GETTING BETTER yayers :) Happy Birthday David Kim even though you will probably never see this :)

I have loved being choreo. I think that us four choreo's (Me, Lena, Jane and Amelia) have done all we can. And we got everything done which was our main aim. And choreo-ing for dances is fun - especially opening Act 3 ! :) Plus we worked so well together guys - NO stuff ups, or arguments or anything at all quite literally. You'd think we'd have had one argument but we were all so  . .high. LMAO at ' May call you Duckie!' move :) And we taught 130 people how to Charleston! That has got to be an achievement :) We've done heaps though, recording all the practise vids, going over to Lena's house for choreoing TWICE, choreo-ing lead dances, present buying, general chorus organising, stage organising, VNR-ing everyone, email ling like crazy, uniform confirming :) We knew it'd be worth it and it was :)

TANGO DANCERS: We rock :P Lets face it, a week to learn a dance and WE DID IT. Told you we could :)  Tango-tingle,  tango-tingle, tango-tingle! NO INAPPROPRIATE MUFFINS, screw potatoes we're gonna spaghetti this dance ;)

Year 11 chorus have been the most AMAZING cooperative of them all - THANK YOU SAFETY IN NUMBERS you were so patient! You re all heartbreaks, and I can't count the number of times someone has yelled ' You love us all ?!' in my ear -___- Girls, I have one thing to say: Don't want to play with . .my boobs? LMAO :)

Have to go buy like 21 presents tomorrow for all the Musical helpers but NOONE IS GIVING ME MONIES so its hopeless! I should have $410 , but I have $160. YEAR 11 . .. -_-

I love our musical and I honestly think we have done the best we can . I especially love our main leads, who are amazing actors, singers and people. You guys have taken everything in stride and are completely insanely wonderful people. So proud to have you guys representing our grade :)

TheBoyfriendCast2011: We are on fire every night, everyone is aceing everything, and the whole experience has been utterly, amazingly magical :)

VAISH'S CREW FOR THE WINS ;)

Thank you everyone in Musical!

One last night, lets make it last :)
Taylor Swift - Long Live
love TheBoyfrienCast2011 and the whole musical experience forever and ever:)
vaish
x.

2 comments: