Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sticks And Stones May Break My Bones But All those Ugly Words Made Me Wealthy

The title was a quote by Mrs Jay from ANTM and I freaking love it. 

You know what's really hard? Trying to say something that could be taken as insulting, to someone who does a lot for you. Ill get straight to it- my dad cooks each night and I do appreciate that he spends so long doing it, but I'm sick of eating his food that I haven't eaten dinner at home for the past 4 days. And I think he's gotten the message =/ Oh what shall I do? Anyway, my family went out tonight for my grandpa's birthday and for the first time I tried sea cucumber. OHMYGOLLYTROLLEY that stuff is amazing and apparently it's got no cholesterol and no fat - hard to believe ;D I got into this conversation about my future job and I notice that everyone says that a job in finance or commerce or whatever isn't as good as a job in say medicine, because you're not giving back to the community. My knowledge into the economics field is limited, I'll admit, but who's to say you can't help a company plan their future investments, and help them create a better system to satisfy customers while bringing in more revenue? In simple terms, help them help the community? Just because you're not directly and physically helping someone, doesn't mean you can't help them in other ways. I also believe that a job should be about what you like, and not about what people like you to be. You're career will be stuck with you for more than a quarter of your life and I think you've gotta put you're interests first but still keep in mind it's worth. What's the use of doing all the charity work if you're hearts not really in it? I hope that didn't sound selfish, but I needed to put it out there. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I bought the newspaper for the first time this year, and was reading the body and soul section. OOFT I LOVE THAT SECTION! A fact about avocados: Did you know that the really green soft bit, just under the skin is full of vitamins and a whole lot of awesomeness and is basically, the best part of the fruit? So SCOOP UP all that loveliness and savour the unsaturated fatty acids!

This weekend, I've been to a lot of public places.... alright that sounded weird, but anyway it's been interesting. I was in an elevator going down and a guy comes into the same one as me and we're going to ground floor. I notice he presses 'G' and holds the 'close door' button continuously-but what was amazing is that the lift went straight down, without any stops. I asked a few people later on about holding the close door button because I didn't think it worked, but for all the times someone else did it, it worked. I must have unlucky hands =/ No, but seriously, is that trick supposed to work?
Okay, public incident #2. I was in a toilet, female of course, and in the cubicle. There were two girls outside of the cubicles washing their hands and talking really loudly about menstral cycles and all things associated with it like tampons. I couldn't help but laugh inside of me because they way they talked about it was so LOL worthy. I wanted them to get out of the toilet ASAP because I was gonna burst out in laughter, but at the same time, keep on talking cos it was just so damn funny.
Public incident #3. Don't you just hate it when theres a cutie on the train and they get off at the next stop? And you've caught the all stops train and you're stop is the last one? It makes the journey that much longer but I noticed this guy constantly smiled. He was looking out the window..and smiling. Grabbing his bag..and smiling. It made me all fuzzy inside and I started smiling ^^
Public incident #4: I think I saw a pair of lesbian lovers. How COOL 8D

Ohnoes I just looked up 'sea cucmber' on wikipedia and I can't believe I ate that thing D: Also, it feeds on decaying organic matter O_O OOFT OOFT TINTIN THE MOVIE IS COMING OUT AT THE END OF THIS YEAR. I HOPE EVERYONE"S UP FOR PRE HSC FUN!
BY ELLEJAI :D

No comments:

Post a Comment