Saturday, May 14, 2011

Crossroads Camp!

Year 11 camp was by far the best and funnest camp ever (: And of course I say that being completely biased, since I'm still on post-camp euphoria but seriously it was amazing. And I don't use that word lightly.


OKAY quick recap mainly because I want to be able to look back on this day and remember it in stark clarity, all the funny moments, the smiles, embarrassment, DSLR pics and singing at the very (very) top of our lungs (:

 Warning: largely ramble-y of camp - this blog is kind of a memory-of-my-year-recorder so its in excruciating detailll!

When We First Got There
 and we got sorted into groups and whatnot. Group11 (:::! By far the bestest and most favourite group: Me, Joy, Shazz, Lea, Eileen, Alex, Marco, Marcus, Adrian, Saj (Peter?), Suraj, Royce, the completely wonderful and stunningly spectacular Kiran Kancherla :), and the seriously cool and totally amazing Richard Kim (: Went to this seminar / talk thing about perception - and while people thought the talks were lame I actually quite liked this one. Especially the sheet that gave you an emotion, why you are feeling it, and a way to resolve it --when feeling frustrated, be reminded of your purpose and direction, your decision to do what you are doing that is making you so frustrated. At one point you chose to take on this challenge so the frustration will eventually be worth it and that is what gets you through - well thats how I interpreted it anyways (:



After Some Challenges:
THEN, and I say this then in a significant and important manner because it is significant - we met Jake. Who was this cute instructor who I had this conversation to about my DSLR (leen noticed that he had really nice legs - && he was cute LOL) And he was telling me how to use the functions and he NAMED  my baby! [clarification: MY DSLR camera - Lenny :) ]

 Significantly Embarrassing Moment 1# :
 Burgess and St Louis walk into our cabin whilst singing and Leen is changing her tops, and give us the strangest stare. Not mortifying but was relatively unexpected and disconcerting, and embarrassing as heck! Bloody hell :(

The Only Bad Camp11 Moment:
This woman speaker on drugs, I swear to god klzdjfslkdxfjd. Bloody hell! She spent the entire time . . . talking to one side of the room. And whilst this may seem small, somewhat unnoticeable, it made paying attention almost impossible. I mean we sat there, for about 2 hours (felt like it anyways) and she wouldn't even look our way! I was completely fuming at her lack of public speaking skills - And was literally begging in in my mind to get one of those annoying ''evaluation-of-the-speech'' forms so I could write ''Shame your intentions were good because only half the hall heard them. Please try not to ignore an entire right half of the audience next time, its called public speaking?''

ERGH. Pissed me off massively, most irritating thing ever >(

THANKFULLY, we met JAKE AGAIN :D He was our instructor for our funnest activity along with this other guy Tom, who was so talkative! Both CUTE :) And Tom really easy to talk to and fun , whilst Jake was more of a silent but cute type :) And both with slight ( kinda noticeable) accents! Went up to flying fox and Jake was there and went 'Okay 3,2,1 close your eyes' and I was staring STRAIGHT into his eyes because seriously, they were really nice and he stared back :D Lol okies stop fangirl-ing haha :) Then we took photo's of everyone, mainly Adrian and Saj and their 'candid' photo's. Posers :P But hey apparently its natural? You judge:
v



ANDDD:
Embarassing Moment 1#: Bloody hell, Marcus Gold. You are insane.



Okay, so we'd been trying (all the girls) to get subtle photo's of the two REALLY cute instructors and taking stalker pretend-photo's of other people whilst zooming in on them really. And apparently half way Jake noticed, (how embarrassing!) because he kept avoiding the camera! And apparently we were completely unobvious because the guys noticed. Since Tom was easy to talk to I got one before (with his permission!) but Jake was quiet so it was impossible to ask him for one (Though in hindsight - I probably just could've asked). But we didn't get our shot with the instructors when our 'Group 11 shot/zoom in on the two cute guys' plan failed. So Marcus, being the genius he is, goes to them and decides to open his big fat mouth and mortify us all, by saying:


''Okay so here it is. These girls have been trying to get photo's of you for like 2 days, and they really want one so seriously we need one of you. They've been taking stalker photo's for ever (At this point we were cringing in embarrassment - Lea actually stumbled!). So yeah, can we just have one? ''


SO. EMBARRASSING. I don't know whether to kill him or hug him - because we ofc got the photo after they went ''alrighttt..?' But AW I felt so bad - Jake was the one who was telling me how to USE the DSLR! And now he knows I was using it to take pictures of him! Us five were fkjsdfkldsj !

 
I was mortified! Was blushing through most of lunch at the thought of what happened! But I haveee to admit it . . .THANK YOU MARCUS GOLD :) Did the stupidest and nicest thing ever right there. Thankfully, Adrian and Saj started admitting how much they wanted a photo of the instructors too in an attempt to save the complete shipwreck so it was less awkward but they knew why, and we knew why,and we knew that they knew that we knew so sooo . . .kfjdlkfjs! Most embarrassing situation ever I swear D:

Heres the result of Marcus's meddingss:
We then got on thebus and went home, haha.
So, all in all it was one of the best camps ever :D Funfunfun!
Night all!
If you stayed with me this long, I am officially impressed :)
PS: the 600 DSLR photo's have been uploaded on facebook, and some are here. IF you want the rest, do soe massive fb stalking or just ask me!

vaish
x.

2 comments:

  1. haha the one with adrian and saj in it is so attractive :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not say that.

    What I said was "they've been desperately trying to take a photo of you for the last 2 days so would you please take a photo with them?"

    ReplyDelete