Friday, March 25, 2011

Stomache

I am sick. I hate being sick. I friggen friggen hate being sick. As Emily Blunt says in the devil wears prada, 'it's like death warmed up'. I hate waking up to that disgusting feeling in your throat, then sitting upright only to readjust that throbbing in your head from the side you lay on for the last 7 hours, to the centre. You then begin to blow your nose. Not just once but several times it takes you to be able to remotely breathe again.I notice that I always take 2 tissues when blowing my nose - it's a habit I've always done because I feel that one is just too penetrable.  Eating breakfast aint that bad, but brushing your teeth is. Because I can't bloody breathe. Ever so often you stop brushing to open your mouth as wide as you can to gasp for air and your throat feels all hot because you're taking in all that minty freshness of the toothpaste. And after a few minutes of brushing, you're almost breathless. And your morning has just begun.

I pack what's left in the tissue box in the car and try to run to rollcall, but my neck and back is all stiff so it seems as though I have some sort of limp. First period I managed to do some chem work and make a trip to the canteen for eucalyptus drops. By the end, it feels like the end of the day. In maths, particularly, I go out to blow my nose and I realise that I really can't blow my nose in front of someone else. I find it awkward and difficult, and must always walk out of the room. When people greet me, they can tell I'm sick from the look of my face. I feel feverish, lazy and have no ability to concentrate. I develop a stomach ache throughout the day and all I want to do is go lie in the sick bay. But I can't because I know I'll definately fall asleep and its not good for wearing contacts. Besides, I get headaches after sleeping in the day time-not worth it at all. You know what I find really gay? When one of your nostrils is blocked and the other isn't. Then, when it comes to blowing your nose you need to press the unblocked side.

I sit at eastwood station in the sun. This is not convenient when you don't have a tissue with you, for the heat of the sun causes your nose to run once more. Sniffle sniffle sniffle.  I manage to get a tissue about an hour later and yet again 2 tissues ain't enough. But then again, you don't want to blow too much because your nose will go all red and dry up like a prune. Screw the prune and forget the redness, you need to blow your nose. When I get home, I have a hot shower so the steam will clear my sinuses. That, my friend, is one of the most invigorating experiences I've had all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment