Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Insatiable

Im desperate. No I mean I'm desperate to find a new blog skin. I wont sleep until I find one. It's that feeling that you need to complete something before you hit the sack or your shut eye will be disturbed by the thought of not accomplishing something important. Just look at the skin- its a freaking DEFAULT SKIN! GARRH! Anyway I was at Woolworths just two days ago, when I realised- what if the checkout person doesn't know what a particular fruit is? I mean say you want to buy a pomello and the person thinks its an orange because who the heck buys pomellos? And then oranges so happen to be a few dollars cheaper than pomellos? KA-CHING INSTANT SAVINGS! Supermarkets need to invent a machine that determines what kind of fruit/vegetable is scanned or money could be pouring out of their very pockets, quite literally, under their noses.

Maths was quite interesting today as we thought about curve sketching: you know how there's a horizontal point of inflexion? Who's to say that there's no VERTICAL point of inflexion? Imagine that and you'll see :) ALSO ALSO! You know how you find, say two turning points? I was thinking-instead of testing the concavity about each side, why cant you just say that the maximum occurs when the y-value is greater than the other y value, and the other y value is the minimum? Ill explain it better.
(x, y) and (x, y+a) are the two turning points. Wouldn't the co-ordinate with the y+a be the maximum since it's larger and the one with just y, be the minimum since its smaller? But just then, I figured you'd need to test the concavity because if the concavity is zero then its a possible point of inflexion ^^ I love it when you solve things out yourself-and how I saved myself asking Alder and of course the subsequent shame XD

All of a sudden, I had this memory come back to me. You know when you're a kid, people think you can't understand what they're talking about just because they're 'adults' but did most of you find that YOU WERE SMARTER THAN THEY THOUGHT? WELL I DID! I remember some of my mum's friends talking about me in, shall I say, more sophisticated terms, and all I wanted to yell was 'IM RIGHT HERE! IM IN YOUR FACE! YOU SEE ME RIGHT?!

OMG Beastly-starring alex pettyfer, vanessa hudgens, neil patrick harris, mary-kate olsen. Its a new movie reflecting Beauty and the Beast. I NEED TO WATCH IT! Hmm 'A text of your choice reflecting the human condition' Hmmm. Oh and Alex Pettyfer, you look amazing even though you play 'the beast'. OH IM DESPERATE TO WATCH THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment